...And She's Back!

June 3, 2011

Sorry for the silence, everyone. I caught a cold-sinus-feverish flu last week and wasn't doing much of anything. At least it wasn't malaria or dengue!

While I was sick, Rio had some heavy rainstorms. It's basically the wet season here now, which means there's a good chance of a serious rainstorm happening at least once or twice a week. One difference between coastal storms and inland city storms is that along the coast (i.e. beach), the storms create sand-mud, which gets washed up along the paved surfaces that line the beach. All of that sand has to be shoveled--just like snow!--back onto the beach. The sand didn't stop people from enjoying a Sunday morning stroll along the edge of the beach, where I took the pictures below. The beach itself, however, was deserted except for the surfers that were searching out the post-storm, high-tide waves. There certainly were a few!








No comments: